Monday, April 2, 2012

Organizing Your Child's Memorabilia

I think even the most organized person becomes somewhat of a hoarder when it comes to their kid's stuff. I know I have no problem getting rid of stuff unless it pertains to my kids. Let's just say now I can see why my mom still had my Sesame Street Party Decor from the 80s.  I am starting to get better with letting go of stuff now that they are not babies anymore. Knowing that all their memories are well documented in writing and pictures helps too.

So today I thought I would show you how we keep it all contained and organized.

I used gallon sized ziplocs to separate it into different categories.  This is all the stuff from their hospital stay: coming home outfits, hospital bracelets, name cards, hats, and ribbons that had their stats from their door wreath.
My curious little boy got this out while I was taking pictures for this post. Can't believe he use to fit in that tiny outfit. At the same time though I can't believe two babies big enough to fit in those sleepers ever fit in my belly.
Special Outfits: Personalized Shirts, their onesies about being a twin, and their anklets that they wore when the hospital bracelets got to small but we still had trouble telling them apart ;)
First Holidays: I put their bunny hat, the hat I made for their Mario and Luigi Costumes, and their Christmas ornaments.

First Birthday: Highchair banner, monthly photo banner, birthday onesie, and handprint mold.
Baby Shower: Since I have twins I separated the stuff so that one gets the stuff from my family and friends shower and one gets stuff from my work shower. I kept a plate, napkin, corsage, and  invitations.
I just stacked all the bags in the bin. See that name sign? The nurses in the NICU actually made those for them so they could stop calling them Baby Boy A and Baby Boy B.

The rest of this week, I will be showing more ideas on how to keep and store your children's memories.

The fabulous parties I am linking up to:
Lil Luna
Organize and Decorate Everything
Crystal and Co.
House of Hepworths
Delightful Order
Gluesticks
Tatertots and Jello
Be Different Act Normal
I Heart Naptime
Tip Junkie
A Bowl Full of Lemons
Let Birds Fly
Somewhat Simple
Fingerprints on the Fridge
Tidy Mom
320 Sycamore
Six Sister's Stuff
Lolly Jane
The NY Melrose Family
Creatively Living
Cowgirl Up


Pin It

8 comments:

~The Bargain Babe from *Zucchini Summer Blog* said...

Ooh man, great organization there. I've not been as good as you with the memorabilia. I still HAVE it, just not all organized!

Alison @ Oopsey Daisy said...

What a great way to stay organized! Thanks for sharing at oopsey daisy!

Katie @ Creatively Living said...

Great idea! It would be so nice to have all of this sort of stuff organized and labeled! And this idea doesn't require any special or expensive equipment!

Thanks for sharing at Creatively Living!
--Katie

Trina said...

GReat idea and what a great way to store it all! Visiting from Whimsy Wed. :)

Unknown said...

The picture of your son holding up his newborn outfit is crazy! It's amazing how fast they grow. Thanks so much for sharing at Whimsy Wednesdays!

Anonymous said...

i love all of your inspiring posts.

what font did you use for these labels? also how did you acheive that shape for the label? excuse all my questions, im not very tech savvy.

would you consider posting your tags, perhaps as customizable, for download on the blog?

yanmaneee said...

hermes belt
nike shoes
yeezy shoes
valentino shoes
christian louboutin shoes
yeezy
nike cortez
supreme outlet
adidas tubular
kd 10

toasho said...

you can try this out bag replica high quality go to website replica bags from china go to the website replica bags china

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)