Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Totally Organized Tuesday: Master Bedroom Closet

This is what I call the "wow moment" of the house. It is the moment my husband knew that I would compare every closet to this one and no other closet could even compete. I wish I would have taken a picture of the closet at my old house so I could do side by side comparison and wonder how all those clothes ever fit in such a tiny space. Well the answer is they didn't. We had clothes hanging in the laundry room closet, jeans were folded on shelves in the laundry room and coats were in a closet by the front door.


This is one of the first rooms I organized. My husband had brought all the clothes over one night before we moved in and lets just say he didn't keep them in their color order and my clothes were mixed with his clothes and it was one big mess. So by about the second night I woke up in the middle of the night and started sorting through it.


It is really hard to photograph this room because all of the different angles and lack of natural light so bare with me. I will start from the door and go clockwise through the room.
Hats were always a problem before I found this nifty over the door hanger at Bed Bath and Beyond.
These built in shoe shelves make me very happy but it makes me very sad to think of all the shoes I got rid of when I purged my closets when we were trying to sell our house. If I only would have known that I would have a closet like this.



My jean folding skills are thanks to 2 years of working at the Gap ;). The black picture frame is actually a jewelry organizer.
I don't wear jewelry much after having many broken necklaces from two little boys who like to use them as toys.

Shirts are on top. Short sleeve on the left and long sleeve on the right separated by color. My cardigans and coats are on the bottom rod.
My husbands coats and sweaters are on the top and his suit jackets and pants are on the top.
Kevin's shirts are separated by t-shirts, polos, short sleeve button ups, and long sleeve button ups. Each category is then separated by color.

Remember my laundry sorting bins that were in my old laundry room? They found a new home in my closet. My new laundry room is a little bit smaller than my old one and my closet is really close to the laundry room so it makes it just as easy to keep them in here.

Next Tuesday I will break away from my usual every other week schedule for Totally Organized Tuesdays and  I will do Part 2 of my closet. In Part 2 I will tell you how I keep my closet staying this neat, why I put my clothes in color order, and why my husband has way more clothes than I do.
If you have any questions leave them in the comment section or email them to lifewithbothhandsfull@hotmail.com and I will answer them next Tuesday in Part 2.

Updated: You can now read Part 2 here.
The fabulous parties I am linking up to:
Lil Luna
Organize and Decorate Everything
Crystal and Co.
House of Hepworths
Delightful Order
Gluesticks
Tatertots and Jello
Be Different Act Normal
I Heart Naptime
Tip Junkie
A Bowl Full of Lemons
Let Birds Fly
Somewhat Simple
Fingerprints on the Fridge
Tidy Mom
320 Sycamore
Six Sisters' Stuff
Spring Into Organization Link Party


Pin It

14 comments:

Terry said...

I never tire of looking at organized closets and yours turn out so pretty! Thanks for sharing..love your blog and am your newest follower!

Delightful Order said...

GREAT closet!! Totally Love it! thannks for linking up to Delightful Order.
DaNita

Patti @ Pandoras Box said...

Very impressed! Looks like you can now go out and buy MORE shoes because you have some extra space!!!
Stop by to enter giveaway of 100 printed postcards!

Marie said...

This turned out so great! Wish my closet looked like this! Thanks for linking up with us at Show & Share! Can't wait to see what you link up this week!

Marie
mylilpinkpocket.blogspot.com

Colleen said...

Coming over from Delightful Order. I LOVE your closet space. I have alot of space too but it's just not quite the way I want it yet. It's great isn't it? Love what you did.

Krista said...

Thanks everyone for your lovely comments. Part 2 of the master bedroom closet post is up and has more tips on how to keep your closet organized. Go check it out :
http://mommyofgg.blogspot.com/2011/10/totally-organized-tuesdays-master.html

Lindsey said...

love your closet!!! I'm new so I'm assuming you just moved... and YES--what a find! I need to figure out how to make my closet more organized and more girly! Love yours!

J's mom said...

Love it! Please post this, and anything else you may have,in my link party at
http://diycraftstomake.blogspot.com/

Thanks,

Peggy

Unknown said...

I'm your newest follower from TDC-stop by for a visit!

Anonymous said...

Where did you find your picture frame/jewellery organizer?? Love it!!

Anonymous said...

Do you mind if I quote a couple of your articles as long as
I provide credit and sources back to your website?
My blog site is in the very same area of interest as yours and my visitors would really
benefit from a lot of the information you present here.
Please let me know if this ok with you. Cheers!
Have a look at my page ; Singapore Tuition

Anonymous said...

tudung marvelous blogging site
http://autositesonline.com/node/43331
http://www.heritagesaddlery.co.uk/node/20020/
http://www.myoptionscommunity.com/node/220886/

Unknown said...

replica bags philippines replica kipling bags replica bags sydney

bateys said...

over here h9h90l5z07 good quality replica bags replica bags nyc replica bags from turkey replica hermes handbags p4s51i2u44 replica goyard bags replica bags and watches important site d2g69m6x22 replica bags toronto

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)