Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Crazy or Best Idea Ever?

I go back and forth on whether I think my husband is completely nuts or this is the best idea ever. He caught me on a weak day(aka: kids have been into everything today) so I have agreed to go through with it. Go through with what you ask? Switching the playroom from its current home downstairs to upstairs. This is something he wanted from the day we moved here, but it made more sense at the time to have the kids playing downstairs in what is suppose to be a office but I turned into a playroom. Well now that they just take all the toys and bring them into the living room anyways, it might as well be a office.
If you are new you can find more about their playroom here:

Here is a room I never really got around to showing you, it is our bonus room which was "used" ( I say that very lightly because it never got used) as a theater room. It is an L- shaped room, so it is hard to get a good picture of the whole room. This will be the future playroom.
The office nook is to the right when you walk through the door. The desk is built in to the wall. See that window? That is the only window for the whole room. We need to put some daylight lightbulbs in ASAP.
 Looking from the office nook, you can see the TV.
 And around the corner is the theater chairs. 

Pretty much everything that is in this room would stay except the TV will be hung on the wall and the entertainment center will go bye bye because it is glass and it will be a playroom...need I say more?

Pros:
- When people come over they won't walk in and think they are at a toy store. The downstairs will stay for the most part clean.

- Their toys will be confined to one room.
- They will have a bigger playroom.
- I will be able to work from my craft room and office more because it is upstairs next to the bonus room.
-My husband gets a office and we have a place to pay bills, store mail, and file papers. We will also have a place for all his model cars, ships, trophies, and awards. 
Interesting fact: Did you know my husband made a platinum record? Not really.... it sounded good though, but he was MVP of his company. 

Cons:
- We will have to go downstairs to eat and cook. 
- Carpet + Kids= BAD.
- I will have to do laundry during naps and bedtime.
- We will probably have to paint the playroom because of the holes we drilled for the rain gutter bookshelves. If you know me, you know me you know the only kind of painting I like to do is spray painting.
- And the obvious: Taking apart the whole room that I worked so hard to put together and moving it upstairs.

So whatcha think? Crazy idea or best idea ever?
Do you have your children's playroom on different level than your kitchen and laundry room? What do you like? What do you hate?


Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)