When we decided that this room would be the play room, I really wanted to paint the room to brighten it up. After the big paint spill of 2011(when I spilt half a gallon of paint all over the nursery carpet) that I caused at our old house, my husband forbid me to paint another room again :)
So I knew that I would have to put up some bright and cheery artwork to brighten up the dark walls. I searched etsy for a couple weeks and I wasn't finding anything that I wanted for the price I wanted so I decided we (me and the boys) would make all the art and add in a couple pictures of them.
From left to right, top to bottom:
- Picture of Grant during his first birthday photo shoot.
- Shoot For The Stars. I chose this quote because I hope they always remember to dream big and learn to never settle for less. I used a piece of red and white chevron paper for the background and using my Silhouette I applied the vinyl design on the glass.
- I painted this letter G, that I got from Hobby Lobby, apple green. Everyone thinks I need two since I have two kids that start with the letter G but I like the way it looks with just one.
- For the three vehicles I did the same thing as I did with the "Shoot For The Stars" art, I used different color background paper and then applied the different color vinyl to the glass.
-Gabe at his first birthday photo shoot.
- The next two pieces are the little ones first masterpieces. We made them using the mess- free fingerpainting technique that I showed you last fall. I am framing these because you never know they might be worth millions one day ;)
I am by no means done decorating their play room, so I will be sharing more as I finish it. Although nothing in my house ever seems to be "finished", every room is always subject to change.
You can find more about their playroom here:
Organize and Decorate Everything
Crystal and Co.
House of Hepworths
Tatertots and Jello
Be Different Act Normal
I Heart Naptime
A Bowl Full of Lemons
Let Birds Fly
Fingerprints on the Fridge
Six Sisters Stuff