Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Totally Organized Tuesday: Christmas Storage

I know if you haven't already done it, most of you are thinking about the dreaded task of taking down your Christmas tree and decorations. I personally don't take my tree down until usually the second week of January so I won't have too many pictures to share with you just yet but I wanted to share this before everyone has their decor packed away.

 Now is the best time to go through and get rid of all of the stuff you probably won't use again.  Afterall, most people have "get more organized" on their list of New Years resolutions.

My favorite organizing tip for Christmas storage is to get rid of all those boxes that hold your ornaments and use these ornament storage containers by Sterilite. It doesn't take up as much space as all those boxes and makes it easier to see everything. I also should add that almost all the ornaments below are glass and none of them broke being transported in these storage boxes during our move.

I also like to seperate them by color so if I change the theme of my tree and only need the red ones next year I won't have to drag out the gold ones. 

I also have some red ornament storage boxes that have the ornaments for the boy's tree.

The fabulous parties I am linking up to:
Lil Luna
Organize and Decorate Everything
Crystal and Co.
House of Hepworths
Delightful Order
Gluesticks
Tatertots and Jello
Be Different Act Normal
I Heart Naptime
Tip Junkie
A Bowl Full of Lemons
Let Birds Fly
Somewhat Simple
Fingerprints on the Fridge
Tidy Mom
320 Sycamore

Pin It

No comments:

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)