Saturday, June 18, 2011

The Grandpas In Their Life

We love Scooter (my dad) because he sneaks us Blue Bell.

We love Papa G (my stepdad) because he sings us the silliest songs.

Kevin's family lives far away so we don't get to see them much. Because of that it usually takes some warming up for the boys to go to them but not PaPa Hunter( Kevin's Dad). They go to him before anyone else.

They love PaPa Leon (my maternal grandpa), he does whatever he can to make them laugh.

PaPa Paul (my paternal grandpa) passed away when I was very young so I don't remember much about him. Mostly what I heard in stories and trust me there is LOTS of them. They are all entertaining to say the least. There is some that I have heard a hundred times and they are still as funny as the first time I heard them. One of the things that I do remember is his voice, there was no mistaking it, it was very distinct and like no other I have ever heard. For that reason when I hear the song " If Heaven wasn't so far away" I think of him. It has a line "If Heaven wasn't so far away I'd pack up the kids and go for the day. Introduce them to their grandpa, watch them laugh at the way he talks."
You can watch the music video here:

To all the Dads out there, Happy Father's Day!

No comments:

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)