-I think the single most important thing that can take your closet from messy to neat is the hangers. You can't have a closet with a mixture of wire and plastic hangers and it look neat.
- You don't have to buy expensive hangers either. The ones I used you can buy at Target or Walmart and are a dollar for 10 hangers.
- Doesn't matter what color they are but make sure they are all the same color.
- You will also be able to fit more clothes in your closet when you have the same type of hanger because they fit together much more nicely.
-When you take your clothing off the hanger, have a designated place to put it so that when it is time for hanging up clean laundry you don't have to dig around to find empty hangers.
-I don't put my clothes in color order just because it looks neat. It is easier to find that navy shirt with the ruffles that I want to wear when I can just go to the section with blue shirts.
- It may take a lot of time initially to get your clothes in this order but it is very easy to maintain.
-If you haven't worn something in a year get rid of it, no matter how much it cost. It isn't worth the space in your closet if you don't wear it. (This does not apply to pregnant women of course.)
- If you have a hard time getting rid of things, when you wear something and it gets washed and you hang it up again turn the hanger around. After several months you will be able to see what you really wear and what you need to get rid of.
-Another tip is refuse to buy more hangers, if you do this when you buy a new item you will be forced to get rid of an old item. This will keep your closet from becoming overcrowded.
Ok now to the number one question I get asked when giving people a tour of my home. Why does your husband have way more clothes than you do? Well first thing he is a hoarder but he is getting better and lets me get rid of more clothes now. I on the other hand am quite the minimalist. Second reason is he likes every shirt he owns to be hung up(even the ones that have holes and stains on them that he only wears while working on stuff outside) while I keep all the shirts I work out in a drawer along with my camis and tank tops.
If you would like to see more pictures of my closet, check out Part 1 of this post.
The fabulous parties I am linking up to:
Organize and Decorate Everything
Crystal and Co.
House of Hepworths
Tatertots and Jello
Be Different Act Normal
I Heart Naptime
A Bowl Full of Lemons
Let Birds Fly
Fingerprints on the Fridge
Six Sisters' Stuff