Saturday, August 13, 2011

Honey Glazed Chicken

I found this recipe over at the blog LaForce Be With You and I made it and it was so yummy I had to share.


Honey Chicken Skewersby: Real Simple Magazine

Ingredients:

1/2 cup ketchup
2 Tbs. honey
1 Tbs. Worcestershire
1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
salt and pepper
wooden skewers

Soak your skewers in water and heat the grill on med-med high. Combine first 3 ingredients in bowl and set aside (you can adjust the amounts to your taste - we like a little extra worcestershire). Slice chicken lengthwise into 1/2 in. strips and thread onto skewers (or you can do smaller pieces like we did). Season with a little salt and pepper if you want. Cook the chicken turning occasionally until cooked thorough 6-8 minutes.During the last 2-3 minutes of cooking baste with the ketchup mixture.

Sides: For the zucchini, you just salt and pepper, put a little oregano, and drizzle with olive oil. I put them in a basket and put them on the grill.

I know my last recipe involved chicken and zucchini. All I can say about that is... my kids are getting pickier and when I find something they like I have to get creative and learn how to fix it numerous ways. I promise not all the recipes I will post will involve chicken and zucchini.


1 comment:

Camille said...

This sounds delicious! I am bookmarking this to make it later! Thanks for sharing. I found you on a Blog Hop and I am your newest follower! I would love to have you stop by and follow back if you want to!
Camille @
SixSistersStuff.blogspot.com
PS We also have a link party every Saturday- I would love to have you link up if you want to!

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)