Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Totally Organized Tuesdays: Coupon Binder

My name is Krista and I love to use coupons. There I got it out. Not only do I love to use them but I try to convert other people and it really frustrates me when I see other people buying items that there are coupons for (why should I care?). Now this doesn't mean that if I want something and I don't have a coupon that I will not buy it, I am not that extreme. Nor do I hoard stuff like the people on the "Extreme Couponing" show. I am one of those crazy people that bring a binder with me in the store though and today I am going to show you how I organize my coupon binder.

Supplies you will need:
- binder
-pencil pouch
-filing tabs (I used Post-It Durable Hanging File Folder Tabs)
-baseball card page protectors (you can find these at walmart or target by the playing cards)
-8 1/2 x 11 page protectors
-scissors
-pen
-calculator (if your phone doesn't have one)
-paper clips
-label maker (optional)
- lots of coupons (of course)

In my pencil pouch I keep a pen, scissors, extra file tabs, paper clips, and I often put my wallet, phone and keys in here so that I don't have to carry a purse( because well a binder and two babies is enough to lug around)
I used baseball card protectors to keep all my coupons in. They have the perfect size slots for most coupons. To organize by category I used my label maker to label my file tabs. These are the categories I used but obviously different households will have different needs: Snacks/Cereal, Pasta/Bread, Refrigerated (yes I misspelled this on my label), Freezer, Baking, Condiments, Paper Products, Cleaning, Laundry/ Dish Detergent, Personal Hygiene, Beauty, Baby, Pets, Misc, Retail, Shopping List.

In the Retail section I put coupons from retail stores and my rewards coupons. I put these in a 8 1/2 x 11 sheet protector because most of them are too big to put in the baseball card protectors.
Before going to the store I gather all my coupons I plan on using and paper clip them together. I also have my shopping list in this category but I forgot to get a picture of it. But it will look something like this for each item on my list:
Huggies Little Swimmers Diapers $6.99
Use $2.00/1 Huggies Little Swimmers Diapers from SS 5/15
And use $2.00/1  Huggies Little Swimmers Diapers from Walgreens May Booklet
Final Price: $2.99
Which by the way I picked up a couple of those because we do a lot of swimming in the summer and it is a pretty good deal. Swim diapers are normally 10 dollars a package.

Hope this helped someone out and I am fully aware that some will think I am crazy (including my husband) but I still think people that don't use them are the crazy ones.

Disclaimer: I feel very weird giving out organization advice right now because my house is in complete disarray but all for a very good reason (more on that later).


Tip Junkie handmade projects

1 comment:

Ches said...

I love coupon binders, they really help me stay organized and ultimately save a bunch of money.

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)