Monday, September 12, 2011

School of the Momma- Operation Red

Before having my own kids I taught a preschool class, so I guess it just comes natural that I would teach my own kids things that I spent much time teaching to other kids. Mr. Hands Full (aka my husband) once referred to my teaching the boys as "School of the Momma" so that is where this title comes from. This will be a new series on my blog that will be every other Monday.

Let me preface this post by saying that these photos were taken in the spring but I am just now getting around to finishing this post.

To start out our study on red, we had a muffin tin meal filled with all red foods. This is also a way to get creative and get your kids to try new foods.
Ok so the lasanga doesn't look red in this photo but the sauce is red, mmmk?



The boys loved it...can't you tell!?

The next day we did a "red hunt", where we went around the house and picked out all the red things and put them in a tub. We then used that as a sensory tub because we picked things of all textures, shapes, and sizes.
If I would have done this recently, we would have talked about Elmo because he is all the rage at our house these days. Funny thing is they don't know Elmo from the TV show(because they are way too busy to sit down and watch tv), they only know him through their books.
The next installment of "School of the Momma" will be all about the color orange of course because we operate according to the Roy G. Biv system around here ;)



Tip Junkie handmade projects

”I

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What a wonderful to study red!

Unknown said...

this link replica gucci handbags her comment is here best replica bags take a look at the site here Dior Dolabuy

Unknown said...

see this site Dior Dolabuy advice replica ysl handbags click Learn More Here

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)